70 Hour Program
Day Schedule: Mon, Tues & Wed • 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Evening Schedule: Mon, Tues & Wed • 6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Topics of Study
This in depth FX course starts with out-of-the-kit effects that are the staple of professional make-up artists. Learn their craft in a hands-on course that covers two-dimensional and three-dimensional techniques to simulate injuries and other effects. In addition, learn how to apply the latest materials used by prosthetic make-up artists. Our team of professional make-up artists will walk you through the process of applying and properly coloring foam gelatin prosthetic appliances, silicone GFA’s, foam latex prosthetic appliances and Prosaide transfers
- Create bruises with proper stippling technique.
- Create two-dimensional scrapes and scratches with the use of a black stipple sponge or brush.
- Create cuts and lacerations using a silicone compound.
- Apply raised keloid scars.
- Create a first, second and third degree burns; as well as, put them together for a gruesome look.
- Apply bullet entrance and exit wounds
- Apply a foam gelatin prosthetic nose.
- Apply a silicon GFA facial prosthetic.
- Apply a small foam latex facial prosthetic.
- Apply a Pros-aide Transfer prosthetic appliance.
- Apply a multiple-piece silicone GFA prosthetic make-up in 2.5 hours.
Successful completion of NYIB’s 84 hour Beauty Essentials course.